PORT NOT OPEN!

A discussion of the RUG9/RUG5 support software and programming
Forum rules
To help everyone get the most out of the forums and keep this a friendly place containing useful information please keep in mind the following guidelines:

-Keep discussions professional and on topic.

-If you need immediate support please email support@rugidcomputer.com. While support forums are monitored they are not the primary means of getting support. However chances are that someone else may have/had your same question.

-Any personal attacks, insults, rants, bad language or abuse of support staff or other forum users will result in deletion of such posts and immediate termination of forum access.

-Smile and have a great day!

PORT NOT OPEN!

Postby jackstraw91 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:28 am

I recently installed this RUG9 version 6.35 on a laptop running XP. When I try to open it, R9setupD.exe, I get an error that repeats into infinity....

PORT NOT OPEN ! over and over and over again.

It used to work on this same pc I am told, so what is the deal? HELP please. :?:
jackstraw91

Re: PORT NOT OPEN!

Postby Cheryl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Hello,
It sounds like the .ini file needs to be deleted. The .ini file is located in the main R9 folder that was created when the software was installed. If you left the installation location at the default chances are your .ini file is located on your main hard drive->Program Files->R9. The .ini file is titled "R9Setup.ini". Delete this file and relaunch the software. The .ini file will be recreated when you launch the software.

-Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby jackstraw91 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:26 am

ok that worked, thank you!

new problem, after it installs on my W-XP laptop, when I open it up everything is all jumbled and only partially displaying. Its like the forms are covering each other up or something and you cant get it into any useable state.

Ideas? :idea:

Thanks again for your help!!! :P
jackstraw91

Postby Cheryl » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi, yes, sounds like the DPI setting for the screen on your laptop needs to be adjusted. On WinXP this can be adjusted by right clicking on your desktop->select Properties->Settings Tab->Advanced->General Tab...make sure "Normal Size (96 DPI)" is selected.

-Cheryl
Cheryl

Return to RUG9/RUG5